Thursday, February 17, 2011

Essay Resource #2


One of my sources I will be using for my research paper is titled Religion and American Attitudes Toward Islam and an Invasion of Iraq. This source uses a Gallup/CNN/USA Today poll conducted in 2002 to try to figure out if religious views of the respondents affected their response to the questions asked. Some of the questions were:
·         Whether or not the respondent believed that Iraq already possessed weapons of mass destruction.
·         Whether or not the respondent believed that the sole course for disarming Iraq was removing Saddam Hussein.
·         Whether or not the respondent believed that Islam was more prone than other religions to encourage violence.

Overall, I was surprised to see just how much the respondent’s religious views affected their views on the war. Many times when I think of America I don’t tend to think of the American people as being that religious but based on this pole and other things in this article I guess I was very wrong. This article would be a good source for anyone who is trying to see the affects of religion on the Iraq war, especially from the U.S. perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment